Friday, August 1, 2008

24 hours of prayer

This is yet another one of those amazing things that God is doing through our church. Starting tomorrow morning at 8AM and running straight through until Sunday at 8AM, people have signed up to pray for Steve in 30 minute increments. We'll be bathed in prayer non-stop for 24 hours. Reminiscent of the first century church which, "... all joined together constantly in prayer..." (Acts 1:14).

Rick set it up on the Care Calendar, and when I checked just now, there are only a few time-slots that haven't been claimed. What blessed people we are.

A friend just sent this in an email, "I have to tell you Sheri, I haven't prayed like this in so long, and I have missed that the last year or so." Is God using this trial to draw people to pray? Steve and I have been telling God for several years that we wanted to be used by Him, and that we trusted Him. So, praise His Name.

Specifics to pray for:
  • That God would use the treatments at this clinic to perform a miraculous healing and give Steve many more years with us here. And, for Steve's comfort and pain level until that time.
  • That God would use this trial to draw our children to Him, and build their faith.
  • That Steve and I both would be faithful throughout our lives, in the good and bad.
  • That God would use this trial to draw the church to pray. Not just for this specific request, but for the remainder of their lives, deepening their love and dependence on Him.
  • That He would ultimately be glorified through this.
  • That His perfect will be done.

O Lord of Grace, the world is before me this day, and I am weak and fearful, but I look to Thee for strength. If I venture forth alone, I stumble and fall, but on the Beloved's arms I am firm as the eternal hills. If left to the treachery of my heart, I shall shame Thy Name, but if enlightened, guided, upheld by Thy Spirit, I shall bring Thee glory. Be Thou my arm to support, my strength to stand, my light to see, my feet to run, my shield to protect, my sword to repel, my sun to warm. (from "The Valley of Vision")

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continually lifting you up to the Lord Jesus to be healed...

We love ya'll, The Moreau family

Tim said...

I echo what your friend said in the email - this trial has drawn me closer to God and made me more fervent in my prayers the past few weeks. We are praying for you guys constantly and telling everyone we know to pray for you, too.

Anonymous said...

I have seen so much good being done from so many Christian people that it has definitely renewed my faith. Sheri, I still have a note you sent me telling me that I was a Christian example to you. You have far exceeded all my prayers for you having a Christian home. You are the strongest person in our family. I have always been able to count on you. Now we will all count on God. I will pray more, laugh more, and cherish every day more because of you and your precious family. Aunt Doris

Mike said...

O God, early in the morning I cry to you.
Help me to pray
And to concentrate my thoughts on you:
I cannot do this alone.

In me there is darkness,
But with you there is light;
I am lonely, but you do not leave me;
I am feeble in heart, but with you there is help;
I am restless, but with you there is peace.
In me there is bitterness, but with you there is patience;
I do not understand your ways,
but you know the way for me...
Restore me to liberty,
And enable me to live now.
That I may answer before you and before me.
Lord, whatever this day may bring,
Your name be praised.

Kennedy family

Anonymous said...

"What a Friend We Have in Jesus"

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged,
Take it to the Lord in prayer:

Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
Take it to the Lord in prayer:

...and is is such a privilege to take you to the Lord in prayer...
Love,
Virginia <><

Amber said...

Steve,
The office is doing many things to raise money for you. I have also posted a picture of the first day of the fundraiser. Go to www.rockwallcares.com. We love you and continue to pray for your healing.

Amber

Anonymous said...

Steve & Sheri,
I pray you have a safe trip to Houston. You are in my constant thoughts and prayers. Your faith and spirit is unbelievable.
A total inspiration.
love,
Marcy