Thursday, August 21, 2008

2 AM

What is it about 2AM? A few nights ago, the battery died in Steve’s pain pump at 2AM. Thankfully, Charlie was here. I woke him and he went to Rockwall and got the battery we needed.

Last night, Steve woke me up at 2AM because the pain had become unbearable. Turns out, the medication in the pain pump was gone, even though the digital read-out said there was still plenty of medication. Thankfully, at 9:30 last night, a delivery person from Home Care had dropped off a new cartridge for the nurse to change out later this week. And, thankfully, it was not difficult to change the cartridge. Within an hour and a half of changing it, Steve was able to sleep.

It scared me to see how much pain he is in without the medication. This is all happening so fast.

Psalm 91:1-2, 5a "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in Whom I trust.' .... You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri,

When Charlie isn't around we are CLOSE!! Don't hesitate to call anytime of day or night.

I listened to a song today with the words, "Let my lifesong sing for You" and am reminded of you and Steve and how grateful I am for the body of Christ.

Love ya. Give Charlie and Andy kisses and hugs for me!!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Praying now for you and all your boys.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sheri, It is happening so fast. I'm sure you feel like you are in a whirlwind. But, you are so right about the peace that can only come from God. We are only at real peace when we completely surrender to Him and trust. And, what peace. Peace that allows us to sleep like a baby. Such a blessing when life is so hard. God brings you and Steve to my mind and heart often and I am praying for you both. I send my love, Trina

Anonymous said...

Sheri and Steve,
Kevin and I are really close by. We live in Royse City. Please let us help if you need anything in the middle of the night. We were where you are just a few short months ago. We understand how important a battery can be!

3am was our time with dad. I still wake up at least 3 times a week at that time. I use this time to pray. Your family is always included in my prayers during this time. I know it's exhausting, but I know God's strength will get you through. God bless you! -Ann

Anonymous said...

We love you guys and continue to pray. Any time you cross my mind (which is often) I stop and pray for you. Know that you are loved!!
Terry,Shelli and Kids

Cyndi said...

Thank you so much for these updates and for sharing your heart. We are continuing to hold you close in prayer. God is doing a mighty thing.

{{{hug}}}

Anonymous said...

prayers, prayers, prayers.

love,
Marcy