Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday night, July 25

Apparently, the detox has begun. Steve's feeling some different types of pain, and he's very tired. Please pray that he'll be able to sleep well tonight. As we've said, we are very hopeful. Maybe for next year's wedding anniversary we'll be on an Alaskan cruise, cancer-free.

The day before we went in for the endoscope (was that 100 years ago, or just a week?), the Lord seemed to be leading me to look at only five minutes at a time. When I try to look too far ahead, I become fearful. I become fearful that I'll lose Steve. I am so blessed to be his wife. How many times have I taken this blessing for granted?

It can easily become a downward spiral if we don't fix our eyes on the Lord, and stay in this very moment. "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (II Corinthians 4:18)

Lord, increase our faith, so we can hold on in the storm, trusting You and Your ways. Please heal Steve and give us many more years here together. Yet, not my will, but Yours be done.

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." John 13:7

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are learning one of those lessons that I believe God truly desires us all to learn...living moment by moment in complete and total trust of our Heavenly Father. It is a difficult lesson to learn. That's why God allows us to find ourselves in the midst of a life where we are helpless to change anything and we have no choice but to trust Him with our whole heart. He loves to show us that He truly is and should be our All in All. Keep a journal of all that you learn and experience through this. You are going to grow by amazing leaps and bounds through this experience. It will all be for your ultimate good and His ultimate glory. We love you guys and we are praying continuously for you all.
Praying and Believing,
Lamar and Kristi

Cyndi said...

Thank you so much for giving us a glimpse of what God is teaching you through this. I will definitely be praying for good rest tonight for Steve (and you) and for you to continue to trust Him each 5 minutes. (Elisabeth Elliot calls this "doing the next thing.")

We love y'all.

Anonymous said...

Just heard the news, and wanted to say that I love you guys and am praying for you. If there is ever anything I can do to help please let me know.
Tiff Hartley

Hang in there, it is very evident God is already doing a mighty work in you.

Marnatha said...

Hello Steve, I don't know you but David Coleman sent me this blog. I live in Greenville Texas and go to Aldersgate Church where Dave and I used to serve on the Youth Team together.

My heart goes out to you in this time. You have blessed me to read your comments. I pray that God will give you healing in your body and you would have a chance to share you hope in Christ with those you come in contact with. I also pray for the Peace that passes understanding.

In the Grip of His Grace, Brent